Sunday, November 2, 2008

Korea Festival Opening Ceremony

Yesterday was the Opening Ceremony of Korea Festival 2008. Lucky me and my omma arrived at Vivo City early, if not we will not be able to get any good seats.

There were many many koreans, ranging from members of the Korean Community to family members of the ambassadors from the Embassy of Korea.

Hosted by Channel NewsAsia's Suzanne Jung, the ceremony begins with welcome
greetings from Minister George Yeo and Ambassador Kim. Enjoy sizzling
performances from B-Boy and drum troupes, followed by the symbolic mixing of a
'Big Bowl of Bi-Bim-Bap' to signify harmonious ties between Singapore and Korea.
Bi-Bim-Bap will be served to guests after the ceremony.






Fusion Drum Performance by Dodo. 5 Korean ladies delivering the rousing heartbeat of traditional Korean drum performance.





B-Boy Showdown by Last For One. They were the winners if the 2007 World UK B-Boy Championship.



Their sensational moves thrilled everyone!


Next, there was Bi-bim-bap mixing! It's the largest scale seen in Singapore so far...
The VIPs getting ready to mix up the ingredients. It is enough to feed 500 hundred people.




But of cause, the VIPs won't mix the ingrdients REALLY well, so we still have a few chefs doing some final touch-ups...





You may be thinking: Who on earth would eat such disgusting-looking food?!
Mind you. This bibimbap is exactly 24 differents ingredients mixed up together. What do you expect it to look like?!







The angle of this photo makes it look as if the portion is little, but actually it's quite a lot!






Yes, It's spicy due to the red pepper paste. But this kind of hotness is sill more endurable than the red chilli kind of hot. Well, at least I didn't have to drink water to reduce the spicy feeling in my mouth.

But anyway it's still yummy! If you leave out the part where the Singapore Foreign Affairs Minister and his wife had a go in doing the initial mixing, this is AUTHENTIC Korean food okay.







Lee Young Ae wore it...






Angela Zhang Shao Han wore it too!





And so am I wearing the Physician Lady's hanbok! :D












This is what the queen (on the left) wore in the drama.





And my omma wearing it too! Hah. My QUEEN.




I think this is the only scene where you can see Jang Geum wearing the third-rank official hanbok, together with the queen...





And so you see it again!


The royal descendents. Hah.






I'm a happy Korean girl :D



After that 'little' photoshoot session, I was approached by a cameraman. (Obviously a korean.) I was interviewed for a few minutes: How did I feel wearing the costume, why did I choose this particular one, blah blah blah. It's either one of these 3 Korea TV stations that interviewed me: SBS, KBS, MBC.
Woots! I'm a lucky girl XD



No comments: