Monday, December 29, 2008

'The Little Red Dress' Shoot on Sunday

Yesterday was the shoot for someone's 'The Little Red Dress' photography competition.

I'm utterly disappointed in that someone's attitude. Totally.

Remember I was saying that the prizes will be some reeeally expensive lens? And he come and tell me: They are JUST lens la. Said it like it was no big deal to him. And you're still using a Nikon D40 camera? Hello?! Then you should be aiming for these lens right? Since they're so expensive and I'm sure anyone will be glad to just add them to their collection, or just to sell them off to someone else to earn some extra moolahs.

When the Muas were busy at work, you keep on repeating yourself that you want this over and done with, because your final-year-paper (fyp) is much more important than this competition, and are already 2 months back in time. Then let me ask you: Why did you join this in the first place? You should considered all the factors, like the time and effort going to be spent, so on and so forth.

Eh, don't keep on rushing the Muas lah. If not they come ALL the way to AMK for what? You say: Aiya, don't need eyeliner la, don't need mascara la etc, like that can already... Excuse me. The Muas are trying their best to do makeup for us models properly, and here you are rushing and pressurising us. If you are sooo concerned about your fyp, just go back up to your house and do la, when we are done with our makeup then we call you down. Instead of pacing up and down, making inconsiderate remarks about you having to complete your fyp, why don't you just sit still, keep quiet, and think of what kind of images you want later?

You expect the shoot to be in 1 hour or so. This sounds ok enough. But you keep on asking the Muas to do makeup faster. That's not-so-ok. Stop rushing us and let the Muas do their work in peace. Is that too much to ask of you?

Seems like you don't know what kind of images you want huh? Ask models what we want to do, what kind of makeup can the MUAs do... And when the MUAs asked if whether you will be taking headshots or not, it's obvious that they need a few of that to add in to their portfolio! So of cause, first and foremost, you need to take some headshots of us right after we do makeup, right? And those shots of JL and the tree scenes, of cause the photos will look dark lah, because the model is back facing the sun. Then I told you maybe you can turn up the exposure. Or if cannot change direction, then maybe change to some other tree or location?

Still say camera cannot focus. And furthermore you're shooting in a program mode. Maybe you can't do a fully manual mode yet. But at least an aperture-priority or shutter-priority mode? Hey, you claimed to have been shooting for 3 years leh. If I just picked up photography a few months back, and already know all the basic techniques and terms a novice should know, how come you don't even know something as simple as an 'ant's view shot'?

I should have brought my canon rebel along. I swear I can take better shots and have better photo composition sense then you do.

Newer models like me or JL expect to be learning something from the photographer during a shoot. But instead, I feel like I AM the one who's teaching you things.

*shakes head*

This is simply not the way it should be lah.

I'll be waiting for the final product to come out. But considering that YOU still have your fyp to focus on, perhaps I can't be too impatient. But oh well, I can't expect too much either, unless your DI (digital imaging) is like superb.

You have been online everyday before the shoot, but ever since then, I don't see you online leh. Maybe just a way of escaping from others (models and MUAs) pestering the photographer for the photos...

Somemore choosing a time near to noon, when the sun is so glaring and scorching. Damn, I hate getting all sweaty and smelling...

No comments: